Thank you for contacting us.
We will get back to you as soon as possible.
We give you confidence your wealth will be protected for future generations
Whether you want to clarify what happens to your assets on your death or to make arrangements for distributing your assets while you are still alive, Longmores Solicitors can help you direct your affairs in full confidence that your assets will pass in accordance with your wishes.
Throughout our two-century history our experienced solicitors have been trusted to give clear and objective advice to thousands of individuals and families from all walks of life and with very different personal circumstances and needs.
Our experienced and specialist team of solicitors handle a wide variety of issues including:
- Drafting wills and letters of intent to help individuals define how their estate will be distributed on death
- Updating wills following milestone events such as marriage, divorce, having children, buying property or inheriting money from relatives
- Inheritance tax - advising on the most tax efficient way to structure wills and legacies
- Scenario planning so that your interests will be protected and wishes adhered to, no matter how your future plays out
- Advising on charitable giving and legacies so part of your wealth can benefit the wider community
- Establishing Trusts for a wide range of purposes
- Creating Lasting Powers of Attorney to enable decisions to be taken on your behalf should you lose the capacity to do so yourself
- Probate (including contested probate)
- Issues affecting older and vulnerable people.
Our approach prioritises sensitivity and integrity in giving you realistic and objective assessment of your options. We enable you to make informed decisions on the best course of action.
Meet the Head of Private Client – Richard Horwood
Richard joined Longmores as a newly qualified solicitor in October 2001 rising to become a partner in 2008 and the Head of Private Client in 2014. His areas of specialism include wills, trusts, inheritance tax planning, administration of estates and powers of attorney. Richard is also a member of the Private Client Section of the Law Society, STEP and on the Hertfordshire Law Society Probate and Trusts Committee.
What does he like about working for Longmores?
“We care about our clients, many of whom are facing difficult decisions or dealing with emotional situations. We provide specialist knowledge, but in a way that is easy to understand. We focus on helping people to sort matters out, not complicating the issues.”
Examples of our work:
Managing complex asset structures during administration of a farm owner’s estate
Advising on the ongoing administration of a trust to minimise inheritance tax liability
Preparing wills for a couple who have a child with learning difficulties.
Advising on a complex estate with overseas properties.
Parkinson’s Awareness Week
As part of our commitment to helping clients who are older or vulnerable, we wanted to raise the awareness of Parkinson’s disease.
Success with Succession Planning
We are hosting a family business seminar on Friday 5 April 2019 in collaboration with Herts Chamber and in anticipation of that I have prepared...
End of Tax Year – Inheritance Tax
The 5th April, the end of the tax year for individuals will soon be upon us. If you have not already considered reviewing your...