Lauren is an experienced commercial and civil litigator, having trained in the City and worked in London for 8 years. She is an accredited mediator with strong expertise in resolving legal disputes outside of a courtroom.
Lauren moved to Longmores in March 2016 where she handles a range of business and personal legal disputes for clients of all sizes, from multinational corporations to individuals.
She brings to the firm a real breadth of knowledge across many different areas of law, with a lot of experience handling financial services, litigation, energy litigation and banking litigation, as well as dealing with contentious probate matters and general civil litigation.
Lauren takes great satisfaction from getting to know her clients on a deep level, being able to assist them in a way that makes a real impact on their business and personal affairs. She often finds herself acting as a sounding board for her clients, offering sensible, pragmatic solutions that work.
She loves building relationships with clients, developing a mutual respect which allows them to work together effectively. A key part of her job is to offer a reality check about the risks, costs and likely outcomes involved in a particular course of action a client wants to take. Where appropriate, she is frequently able to suggest alternatives that clients haven’t considered which have the potential to save them a lot of time, money and stress.
Having studied English and French at the University of Leeds, Lauren completed the Legal Practice Course in 2005 and started a training contract with a leading London law firm in 2006.
Lauren qualified as a Solicitor in 2008 and has worked at a range of firms and organisations, including the Royal Bank of Scotland Group. She has spent many years working in London, including for a large City law firm and a boutique West End firm. She has also spent time working in Brussels.
Lauren primarily advises on matters including:
- Breach of contract claims
- Debt recovery matters
- Shareholder disputes
- Financial services disputes
- Construction disputes
- Contentious probate
Matters on which Lauren has recently worked include:
- Assisting the director of a company in defending a claim against him by a minority shareholder for breach of fiduciary duties, among other issues.
- Representing borrowers in bringing mis-selling and other claims against major banks.
- Advising a translation specialist in defending a claim for inaccurate translation as part of a worldwide market research project.
- Representing the executors of an estate in defending a claim by a non-child beneficiary against their father’s estate.
- Advising UK-wide clients in pursuing debts against public bodies.
- Assisting a construction contractor to recover monies owed to it following its ejection from site.
- Representing the defendant in a seven-figure mesothelioma claim by a former employee.
- Lauren is an accredited mediator and member of the CEDR Exchange Group. She accepts mediations involving general commercial, shareholder and probate disputes, and has a very high settlement rate.
Legal 500 Recommended Lawyer for Commercial Litigation.
Member of the CEDR Exchange Group.
“Her approach was empathetic to all parties, pragmatic around the key issues and robust around keeping discussions to a mutually agreed framework. Very impressive and highly recommended!” Client, mediation
Lauren has two young children who tend to take up most of her time these days. She is a trained dancer and choreographer, as well as being a keen snowboarder (when she gets the chance).
Nowadays, relaxation often looks more like reading a book or playing sports and going for walks with her family.
Lauren is fluent in French.