Lauren is an experienced commercial and civil litigator, having trained in the City and having worked in London for 8 years. She moved to Longmores in March 2016. She advises primarily on breach of contract claims, debt recovery matters, and disputes regarding shareholder, financial services, probate and construction issues. She assists clients of all sizes, from multinational corporations to individuals.
Matters on which Lauren has recently worked include:
- Assisting the director of a company in defending a claim against him by a minority shareholder for breach of fiduciary duties, among other issues.
- Representing borrowers in bringing mis-selling and other claims against major banks.
- Advising a translation specialist in defending a claim for inaccurate translation as part of a worldwide market research project.
- Representing the executors of an estate in defending a claim by a non-child beneficiary against their father’s estate.
- Advising UK-wide clients in pursuing debts against public bodies.
- Assisting a construction contractor to recover monies owed to it following its ejection from site.
- Representing the defendant in a seven-figure mesothelioma claim by a former employee.
Lauren is an accredited mediator and member of the CEDR Exchange Group. She accepts mediations involving general commercial, shareholder and probate disputes, and has a very high settlement rate.
Clients talk about a “very impressive” and “highly recommended” specialist, who is “pragmatic” yet “robust” around key issues.
Lauren also speaks business-level French.
Lauren is recommended in the Legal 500 2021 guide.