Employment Law for Employers
Protecting your commercial interests
Business leaders routinely say that the greatest asset of their business is their people.
Relationships between employer and employee should in a perfect world be governed by goodwill and common sense on both sides. In reality, increasingly complex regulation is involved, which continues to evolve rapidly giving rise to more potential pitfalls with adverse consequences for employers, which we can help you to avoid.
We enable businesses of all sizes, across a range of industries, to foster productive and positive relationships with their employees. The objective must be to attract, retain and motivate the best talent available whilst at the same time protecting the employer’s commercial interests.
We know that dealing with difficult employee issues can cause considerable tension and management distraction.
Our approach to advising clients is commercial, no-nonsense and robust so that we focus on what really matters to you. We go to the heart of any issue so that you gain a swift and cost effective resolution.
Our experienced, specialist employment solicitors regularly advise businesses on a wide range of issues including:
- Employment contracts, policies and employee handbooks
- Employment termination and settlement agreements
- Workplace disputes, including grievances and employee disciplinary issues
- Discrimination issues
- Restrictive covenants and employee competition issues
- Restructuring and redundancy
- TUPE (protecting employment rights and putting in place relevant protections when businesses change hands)
- Employment tribunal representation.
We offer clients tailored workshops and training programmes on the above topics to increase understanding of key employment law concepts and issues at all levels in your company.
We encourage resolution of disputes by way of mediation where appropriate. Where that proves impracticable, we will present your case robustly and cost effectively at an employment tribunal.