Richard has over 16 years of experience advising individuals and families about their Wills, Trusts and Inheritance Tax planning arrangements and heads the Private Client team at Longmores.
Richard specialises in Inheritance Tax Planning, Administration of Trusts and Estates, Will Drafting, Trust Drafting (including associated documentation) and Powers of Attorney.
Richard has recently been advising families in connection with the following issues:
- A couple looking to reduce their inheritance tax liability by creating discretionary trusts for the benefit of their children and grandchildren
- A couple preparing new Wills to incorporate trusts for the benefit of each other with a view to preserving assets from assessment for care fees
- A family looking at the succession issues for the family business, where only one child is involved, and how to balance the interests of the other children
- A couple looking to make appropriate provisions for their child who has learning difficulties and is in receipt of various benefits
- Clients looking to ensure that the recently introduced Residence Nil Rate Band Allowance is not lost because of the structure of their Wills
“Richard is very approachable, always willing to help and makes sure things are done in a timely manner. I would have no hesitations in recommending Richard and thoroughly enjoy working with him on mutual clients.” Leigh Barnett, Managing Director, GQ Wealth Management Limited.
Richard is a member of The Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners (STEP), the Law Society Private Client Section, Hertfordshire Law Society Trusts & Probate Committee. Richard’s team is ranked in the UK Legal 500 2019 guide and he is personally recognised in the UK Chambers & Partners 2019 guide for advising on matters including wills and tax planning; a source says “Richard has a good way of dealing with clients; he’s very capable”.
Richard is recommended in the Legal 500 2021 guide.