Richard Gvero specialises in employment law and regularly helps businesses and individuals with a broad spectrum of staffing issues, including company restructures and redundancy, disciplinary and grievance processes, TUPE and other employment aspects of commercial contracts and all types of employment dispute, including unfair dismissal and discrimination claims.
Richard also has extensive experience of employee competition disputes and injunction proceedings (and has acted as supervising solicitor). Richard has industry specialism in representing recruitment agencies and education sector clients. He acts for a broad range of commercial and private clients and his portfolio includes all of the firm’s major clients.
Richard has recently been:
- Advising a major multi-national company in relation to reorganisation and redundancies;
- Advising education sector client in relation to complex grievance and disciplinary proceedings;
- Advising national recruitment business in relation to TUPE and other staff issues relating to commercial contracts;
- Advising an international manufacturing business in relation to misuse of confidential information by former employees and enforcement of contractual restrictions;
- Advising leading pharmaceutical business in relation to complex unfair dismissal proceedings;
- Advising on employment aspects of the sale of a leading self storage business;
- Advising leading recruitment business in relation to multi-party discrimination claims.
Richard became Joint Senior Partner of the firm in January 2017 with responsibilities including overseeing our Commercial services.
He leads the Employment practice area which achieved ranking status in The Legal 500 2019 guide. Richard is also ranked in the UK Chambers & Partners 2019 guide in which a client says “He really listens to the client and provides flexible and sensible solutions to complex issues”.
Richard is an accredited civil and commercial mediator, a member of the Employment Lawyers Association and a member of the Law Society Law Management Section.
Richard is recommended in the Legal 500 2021 and Chambers UK 2021 guides.