Restructuring and Redundancy Solicitors
All businesses need to make tough commercial decisions from time to time regarding the structure of their business to ensure its future success or in some cases its survival. Sometimes these decisions will result in employee roles becoming redundant with consequent potential for job losses.
Our experienced solicitors are here to make sure you follow due process to achieve the outcome for your business you require. This combined with sound planning and preparation at an early stage helps to ensure that the redundancy process is correct which in turn minimises the likelihood of disputes with employees that could give rise to Employment Tribunal claims.
The highly experienced Longmores employment team have helped a wide range of businesses undertake restructuring and associated redundancy processes. Our approach is commercially minded, no nonsense and robust. We keep in mind your commercial interests at all times when advising you. Our expertise includes:
- Formulating selection criteria for redundancies
- Advising and guiding you through the consultation process
- Structuring redundancy packages
- Preparing settlement agreements
- Ensuring, where necessary, that appropriate confidentiality and non-compete arrangements are in place as part of any redundancy package, especially in the case of senior people.