Miranda is an Associate Solicitor specialising in Employment. She advises both businesses and individuals on employment law and other HR issues.
Miranda also has experience acting for both individuals and businesses bringing and defending employment tribunal proceedings, as well as being an accredited mediator.
Employment law is complex and the way it applies to specific situations is often hard for employers and employees to get to grips with. Listening is key to Miranda’s approach, allowing her to take on board her clients’ concerns and exactly what they need to achieve. She can then clearly explain their legal position and options, guiding them to the right solution.
One of the main things Miranda loves about working in employment law is the way that every situation is different. She enjoys the problem-solving nature of her job, where she gets to apply her legal knowledge to real world situations to help her clients.
Miranda started her legal career in 2012, working as a Paralegal for a London firm where she initially specialised in conveyancing, assisting with plot sales and residential conveyancing for new build property.
She joined Longmores as a Trainee Solicitor in 2014, qualifying in 2016. During her training, Miranda realised that employment law was where her true passion lay and she has been specialising in both contentious and non-contentious employment matters ever since.
Miranda’s employment law expertise includes:
- Contracts of employment
- Consultancy agreements
- Settlement agreements
- Employment tribunal proceedings
Miranda has recently been acting for clients on the following matters:
- Acting for an employer responding to complex employment tribunal proceedings for discrimination and unfair dismissal
- Preparing new contracts of employment for staff of all levels, and advising on post-termination restrictions
- Acting for an employee bringing a complex claim for unfair dismissal as a result of whistleblowing against their former employer
- Advising a senior employee on the termination of their employment and their settlement agreement
Member of the ELA (Employment Lawyers Association).
Legal 500 Recommended Lawyer for Employment Law.
Miranda likes to spend her spare time reading and watching films, as well as visiting the beach (when the weather allows!).