Commercial Contract Dispute Solicitors
We resolve commercial contract disputes quickly and effectively
Contract disputes can be very disruptive and costly for a business, with the potential to harm your profits, commercial relationships and reputation. Our commercial contract dispute solicitors find positive outcomes to even the most challenging disputes, avoiding contentious court proceedings wherever possible.
Our expertise includes contract disputes involving suppliers, customers, agents, distributors, your bank, your employees, or indeed any other party with whom your business deals. We can assist with breaches of contract, exiting contracts and obtaining interim injunctions to protect your short-term position whilst a dispute is resolved.
We can quickly assess the terms of your contract, make your legal position clear to you and recommend the right approach to best protect your commercial interests.
Intelligent advice for all types of commercial contract dispute
Our commercial contract dispute solicitors advise on issues including:
- Breach of contract
- Disagreements over the terms of commercial contracts
- Mistakes and errors in commercial contracts
- Whether a contract exists
- Commercial contract fraud
Based in Hertford, we work with clients all over the country, including London and the South East. Typical clients include business owners, professionals and investors.
Market-leading commercial contract dispute expertise
Our commercial contract dispute solicitors have many years of combined experience handling everything from straightforward disputes to the most complex and high-value matters.
John is supported by a very able team, including Nat Young, who is also a qualified High Court advocate with experience litigating at all court levels.
We are ranked by the Legal 500 for Commercial Litigation, providing further independent assurance of the high quality of our expertise.
Speak to our commercial contract dispute solicitors
To discuss your requirements with our intelligent, proactive commercial contract dispute solicitors, please get in touch.
Our commercial contract dispute services
Breach of contract
A breach of contract is where one of the parties to a contract fails to fulfil their obligations under the terms of the contract. Common examples include a supplier failing to deliver agreed goods or services with the timeframe agreed or a customer failing to pay the agreed fee on time.
Our commercial contract dispute solicitors can assist with matters, including:
- Determining whether a commercial contract has been breached
- Raising the issue in a constructive way with the other party to the contract
- Negotiating a settlement for any financial losses you have suffered
- Exiting a commercial contract on the grounds of a breach
Disagreements over the terms of commercial contracts
The terms of commercial contracts and agreements are not always as clear as they might be, and different parties can sometimes interpret those terms differently. This can lead to conflict where one party believes they have entitlements under the contract or feels the other has breached the contract and the other party disagrees.
We can help to resolve these situations with assistance, including:
- Interpretation of contract terms
- Negotiating agreement on how contractual terms should be interpreted
- Amending commercial contracts to make the terms clearer
- Applying to a court to interpret the terms of commercial contracts
Mistakes and errors in commercial contracts
Unfortunately, the quality of legal services varies significantly, meaning errors do sometimes occur in the way contracts are drafted. This can leave the parties confused over the meaning of key terms or result in difficulty enforcing terms should the need arise.
Our commercial contract dispute lawyers can help to resolve such issues with support, including:
- Clarifying whether a contract drafting mistake has been made
- Advice on the legal implication of the contract as drafted
- Interpreting what the contractual terms were supposed to be
- Drafting a revised contract to rectify errors
- Making a professional negligence claim against the contract drafter
Whether a contract exists
A formal legal document is not always required for a contract to exist between two or more parties. A contract can be created verbally, through an email or by precedent, as well as in various other ways. Disputes can sometimes, therefore, arise over whether a contractual relationship exists at all and what the terms of the contract are.
Our team will be happy to assist in such situations, including:
- Advising whether a contractual relationship exists
- Clarifying the terms of such a relationship
- Recording the contractual relationship in a formal contract (where required)
- Advising on your rights under an informal contract, including the right to make a legal claim
Commercial contract fraud
If someone provides false information when entering into a commercial contract, this can be grounds for ending the contract. If another party to the contract suffers a loss as a result of this false declaration, they may be entitled to claim compensation.
Our commercial contract dispute lawyers can assist with matters, including:
- Establishing whether fraud has occurred
- Exiting a commercial contract on the basis of fraud
- Claiming damages for contract fraud
Our commercial contract dispute resolution fees
Cost is a key consideration when dealing with a commercial dispute, as this has to be weighed against the benefits of any outcome you are likely to achieve.
By maintaining a focus on efficiency, we are able to offer our high-level commercial contract dispute resolution expertise at a competitive rate. Where appropriate, we can provide some commercial contract dispute resolution services on a fixed fee or capped fee basis, making it easier for you to budget with confidence.
For more complex matters, we will work to an agreed hourly rate dependent on the level of expertise needed. We will provide a clear cost estimate at the outset, and any additional expenditure will be agreed upon in advance, so you always stay in control.
To find out more about our commercial contract dispute resolution fees and to request a cost estimate, please get in touch.
Speak to our commercial contract dispute resolution solicitors
To discuss your requirements with our intelligent, proactive commercial contract dispute resolution solicitors, please get in touch.