Commercial Contracts Solicitors
Commercial contracts are the bedrock of successful business relationships, giving clarity over each party’s rights and responsibilities, as well as security should anything go wrong.
Getting the right contract or agreement in place is not something you can afford to take for granted – it requires careful consideration of what your business needs and what could go wrong. And this is where expert legal advice can be so critical.
At Longmores, our Commercial Law team helps our clients to negotiate and prepare commercial contracts that promote and protect their business, and which can be relied upon in the event of a dispute. Our clients can thus do business with confidence, knowing every detail has been accounted for.
Our commercial contract solicitors have handled multi-million pound agreements for clients, managing their relationships with high profile businesses including Boots, Homebase, Tesco, Halfords and the Gordon Ramsey Restaurants chain.
Our commercial contracts and agreements expertise includes:
- Drafting contracts and agreements
- Reviewing contracts and agreements you have been asked to sign
- Negotiating contracts and agreements
- Exiting commercial contracts and agreements
- Commercial contract disputes
We care about the success of our clients’ businesses and view commercial contracts as an important part of their development, rather than simply an exercise in dry legal drafting. Our approach is robust, commercial and pragmatic, seeking to enable your success rather than create barriers.
Taking time to understand our clients’ businesses and commercial interests, we draft contracts that reflect the issues that have a real strategic or commercial impact for our clients. That way, we can ensure our clients are set up for long-term success.
- Licensing Agreement Renewal The commercial team at Longmores continues to act for an innovative and eco-friendly baby products business whose products have been stocked in major UK retailers. The team recently assisted the client with a renewal of a licensing arrangement with a major international distributor, for the manufacture and sale of such products across overseas territories. This has allowed our client to benefit from royalty income for the licence of their IP, whilst gaining international brand recognition.
- Retail Concession Agreement Longmores drafted a concession agreement for a chain of garden centres to outline its terms and conditions for internal and external based concession areas to operate throughout its stores. The centres benefitted from additional contractual protection in allocating liability in a reasonable way between the centres and the concessions, amongst other matters. Rina Sond advised on the terms.
- Reseller Agreement Drafting a reseller agreement for a client in the automotive industry, in relation to the B2B resale of in-car tuning products. This new commercial arrangement was implemented following initial distribution arrangements, and was part of the business’ growth strategy which will allow them to retain their competitive edge. Rina Sond drafted and advised on the terms of the agreement.
- Drafting terms and conditions The commercial team at Longmores advised a retailer of trade tools accessories and hardware products on their business to business terms and conditions for customers with trade accounts. The retailer benefitted from additional contractual protection to limit their liability to trade customers and to clarify payment terms. Rina Sond and Thomas Knight were the Longmores team advising on the terms.
- Review and renegotiation of over 100 contracts for major NHS supplier Our commercial contracts solicitors work with one of the largest suppliers of healthcare professionals to the NHS to clarify and standardise the contractual relationships with their customers. We have worked with the client and reviewed over 100 of its commercial contracts including employment agency agreements, services agreements and framework agreements. Many of the contracts were exceptionally complex and required us to negotiate directly with multiple NHS Trusts.
- Negotiating supply arrangement with major retailers for an award-winning designer We acted for an award-winning designer, manufacturer and supplier of environmentally friendly baby products, who have negotiated supply arrangements with major retailers including Boots and John Lewis. We also reviewed and advised on the terms of a licensing arrangement for their branded products with a major international supplier of baby products who would manufacture and sell their products in the USA and China. For our client, quality control was paramount to protect the reputation of their growing brand, so we negotiated hard for a contract that would alleviate their concerns.
- Contract negotiations for software business working with the Gordon Ramsey Restaurants chain Our team handled contract negotiations for a software business that provides services to the hospitality industry with new customers including the Gordon Ramsey Restaurants chain. These negotiations required us to work to tight deadlines to ensure our client’s products would be in place before the opening of their customer’s new premises. Our work involved drafting supply agreements, software development agreements and distribution agreements for the supply of software.
- Negotiating contracts for an international car parts manufacturer with worldwide dealers and distributors We negotiated and drafted supply agreements with national and international companies in the automotive supply chain, including the preparation of complex manufacturing agreements. These agreements have enabled the business to increase its global footprint while retaining control of its sophisticated brand.
- Setting up a £50 million joint venture agreement between a leading Hertfordshire construction firm and a UK-based self-storage business The transaction involved negotiating and drafting a multi-million pound loan facility with a venture capitalist, which included a full suite of security documents and a joint venture agreement to govern the 35% shareholding taken by the investor in the new company.
Speak to our commercial contract lawyers
To discuss how we can help your business with a commercial contract or agreement, please get in touch.
Our commercial contract law expertise
Our commercial contract solicitors can assist with all types of business legal agreements, including:
- Standard terms and conditions
- Agency agreements
- Confidentiality and non-disclosure agreements
- Manufacturing agreements
- Supply and distribution agreements
- Franchise agreements
- Hiring and leasing contracts
- Ecommerce terms and conditions
- Information Technology (IT) agreements
- Intellectual Property (IP) agreements and licences
- Data protection and privacy policies
- Collaboration agreements
- Outsourcing agreements
- Joint venture agreements
- Research and Development Agreements
Our commercial contract solicitors’ fees
Cost is an essential issue to consider for any business and we want our fees and pricing structure to reflect this.
Where appropriate, we are able to handle some matters on a fixed fee or capped fee basis, for example drafting or reviewing straightforward contracts and agreements. This allows you to budget with precision.
For more complex matters where ongoing support is required, we will work to an agreed hourly rate dependent on the level of expertise needed. We will provide a clear cost estimate at the outset and any additional expenditure will be agreed in advance, so you always stay in control.
To find out more about our commercial contract solicitors’ fees and to request a cost estimate, please get in touch.
Speak to our commercial contract lawyers in Hertford
To discuss how we can help your business with a commercial contract of agreement, please get in touch.