Tracey has over 30 years of experience as a Family Lawyer. For the first 13 years of her career, Tracey worked locally. She then spent 12 years working in Central London, initially for a West End Practice and then for a Top 20 UK firm in the City. In April 2015, Tracey joined Longmores as a Partner.
Tracey helps people to unravel the legal, financial and practical ties when a relationship breaks down. This often involves dealing with complex financial matters. Tracey also helps parents to settle the caring arrangements for their children, as well as any other issues that may arise in respect of their children’s upbringing. In addition, she helps people to regularise the financial aspects of their relationship, through cohabitation agreements and pre/post nuptial agreements.
Dealing with the breakup of a marriage or relationship can be one of the most stressful and upsetting times in a person’s life. Tracey is therefore extremely focused on dealing with each case in the most constructive and pragmatic way, with the minimum amount of stress and upset to her clients.
Examples of recent cases
- Advising a multi millionaire on the terms of a pre–nuptial agreement in order to protect family wealth
- Acting on behalf of a client regarding the financial aspects of their divorce which involved high earnings and substantial personal and business assets based here and abroad
- Advising a client on the recognition of a foreign divorce
- Acting on behalf of a client regarding the enforcement of a lump sum order secured against the family home
- Acting for a parent in respect of an application for an order to determine the living arrangements for their children.
Her outstanding reputation means that the UK Chambers and Partners 2019 guide ranks both Tracey and her practice area.
“Her organisation is second to none, with everything checked and digested and “where it should be”. Add this to Tracey’s considerable technical skill and her ability to inspire, with justification, full confidence in her clients, and you have a formidable family solicitor’. John Nicholson, Partner, Turner Nicholson, London.
Tracey is also a member of Resolution, which is an organisation that promotes a constructive, non confrontational approach to family law matters.