Jessica is a Trainee Solicitor currently within our Employment team where she supports Richard Gvero and Miranda Mulligan. She has also spent 8 months in our Family team supporting Tracey Dargan and Kerrie Hall with all matters relating to divorce, separation and children.
From day 1, Jessica has thrown herself into her work, making it her goal to provide the best possible service to her clients. In fact, on her first day with us, she didn’t even go into the office, she headed straight to London to attend a family court hearing about arrangements for children.
As well as her work ethic and varied legal knowledge, she brings to the firm her sunny, positive attitude and dedication to helping clients feel safe, comfortable and listened to.
Jessica studied Law at City, University of London, graduating in 2016. She embraced a wide variety of topics during her studies, including maritime law, aviation law and intellectual property.
She took her LPC and master’s degree at the University of Law while working full time as a Legal Assistant and Paralegal at a global law firm.
Jessica joined Longmores in September 2019 to undertake her solicitor training and currently specialises in employment law. Here, she’s enjoyed learning from our team of like-minded people and embracing our commitment to doing whatever it takes to help our clients and achieve the best possible resolution of their legal problem.
As part of the Employment team, Jessica supports our Head of Employment, Richard Gvero, and Associate Solicitor, Miranda Mulligan and advises both employers and employees about all aspects of employment law. She also carries her own caseload under the supervision of our qualified employment specialists.
Jessica’s employment law experience includes:
- Drafting contracts of employment
- Advising about settlement agreements – helping employers and employees negotiate terms and providing clear, practical advice about whether the terms of a proposed agreement are beneficial
- Representing clients in unfair dismissal claims
- Providing advice about discrimination, including maternity and pregnancy discrimination claims and race discrimination claims
- Attending court and Employment Tribunal hearings
- Instructing and briefing counsel to represent clients at hearings
Prior to joined our Employment team, Jessica was part of our Family team, supporting our Head of Family, Tracey Dargan, and Senior Solicitor, Kerrie Hall. The bulk of Jessica’s experience is in divorce, dissolution and separation matters – guiding people through relationship breakdowns and securing positive results for them and their children.
Jessica’s family law expertise includes:
- Supporting individuals through the entire divorce, dissolution or separation process
- Listening to her clients’ needs and providing tailored advice help them achieve the outcome they want
- Providing sensitive advice about arrangements for children upon relationship breakdown
- Attending hearings on behalf of clients
Jessica takes part in our Longmores litter picks to help keep our local streets clean and give back to our community.
She also loves cycling and once cycled to Hadrian’s Wall to raise money for charity.
Jessica has recently fallen in love with cycling and goes on a new adventure with her bike every weekend. She also enjoys home yoga.