Rachael has over 18 years of experience advising clients on all aspects of Commercial Property transactions and heads the Commercial Property team at Longmores.
Rachael provides commercially-focused advice on all aspects of commercial property transactions but she has a particular interest in strategic and rural land and advises farmers and other land owners looking to dispose of potential development land or to diversify the use of their land. Rachael regularly deals with land promotion agreements, options, pre-emption agreements and the acquisition and sale of development sites.
Rachael has recently been advising clients on the following matters:
- Landowning clients in relation to promotion agreements where the landowner appoints a promoter to try to obtain planning permission for the development of agricultural land, the promoter incurring the planning costs but then sharing in the proceeds of sale of the land once planning permission has been granted
- Landowning clients in connection with the grant to a national house-builder of an option to purchase the land, the option being exercisable on the grant of planning permission and where the client’s land formed part of a wider scheme.
- The acquisition of a residential development site for a developer client.
- Sales of various parcels of land subject to overage with overage being payable if planning permission is implemented on the land sold or if the land is subsequently sold with the benefit of planning permission
- Acting for a lender in relation to bridging finance to a Housing Association, the lender taking a charge over a number of plots.
“I worked with Rachael, she was very professional and swift I was very impressed with the service I had.”
“We have enjoyed your professional and proactive approach to the work we have done.”
“A heartfelt thank you for making the covenant document a success. I very much appreciate the skills you bring.”
Rachael is a member of the CLA (Country Land and Business Association). The practice area is recognised in the UK Legal 500 2019 guide and Rachael is ranked in the UK Chambers & Partners 2019 guide with a client saying that “the team has an understanding of our business and position so can come to meetings armed with an innate knowledge of the story so far”.
Rachael is recommended in the Legal 500 2021 guide.