Polja graduated with a BA in Law and Politics at University St Cyril and Methodius in Skopje, Macedonia, following which she completed her MA in Criminology and Social Policy with The Open University in the UK.
Following a lengthy career in property litigation with large regional law firms, she worked in a city law firm representing major breweries in forfeiture of leases of pubs and other commercial properties in the county courts.
After working for one of the biggest property management companies in England, Polja has found her niche in the area of lease extensions, collective enfranchisement and right of first refusal where she acts for both landlords and tenants. She has extensive experience of acting in enfranchisement applications in the First-tier Tribunal (Property Chamber).
Polja is an Associate of the Chartered Institute of Legal Executives and Associate of the Institute of Residential Property Management.
Polja’s areas of expertise:
- Lease extensions – both pursuant to the Leasehold Reform, Housing and Urban Development Act 1993 and outside of the 1993 Act
- Collective enfranchisement – purchasing of the freehold of blocks of flats pursuant to the Leasehold Reform, Housing and Urban Development Act 1993
- Right of first refusal
- Right to manage
- Management company and managing agent advice
- Nuisance claims
- Trespass claims
- Boundary disputes
- Easement disputes (rights of way etc.)
- Covenant disputes
- Contentious landlord and tenant advice, commercial and residential
- Land Registry/Property Tribunal applications
- Business lease renewal claims
- Dilapidation claims
- Recovery of service charge and ground rent arrears
- Forfeiture of commercial leases.