Rina is a Company Commercial partner specialising in Intellectual Property. She has over 18 years of experience in advising businesses on a range of corporate and commercial issues.
Rina deals with a wide range of company issues and commercial contracts, including terms and conditions, supply and distribution agreements, franchises and licensing issues. She regularly advises on various matters in the field of intellectual property and IT, along with e-commerce and data protection. Rina has a particular passion for branding and brand protection work.
- Rina has recently acted for clients on the following matters:
- Advising on a large number of ongoing contractual matters (including public sector contracts) for an international recruitment company.
- Acting for a research centre in relation to the commercialisation of certain patented technology relating to various components. Assisting with ongoing joint ventures and collaborations with various domestic and international parties in order to jointly develop products using the technology.
- Dealing with a successful trade mark opposition against a global recruitment company.
- Dealing with IP licensing and assignments in the context of joint ventures, franchises, business sales or re-structuring.
- Advising a number of IT companies on their data protection obligations under GDPR and assisting them in updating their terms of business accordingly.
“Rina has been extremely helpful in advising our company on key commercial contracts with both clients and partners. Her knowledge and expertise has enabled us to clearly understand the risks and benefits attached to the contractual agreements we are entering into. Her excellent professional manner has meant that she has been able to engage directly with our clients and their lawyers as an extension to our organisation. We would highly recommend Rina in all aspects related to commercial contracts.”
The Company Commercial practice area is ranked in the UK Legal 500 2019 guide. Rina is an Allied Member of the Chartered Institute of Trade Mark Attorneys (CITMA). She is also a Committee Member and Marketing Director for the Association of Asian Woman Lawyers (AAWL), an organisation that seeks to promote diversity within the legal profession.