Daniel joined Longmores in April 2019 as a Partner and Head of Company Commercial following over ten years with City and US law firms and five as in-house Counsel. Daniel has wide experience in many aspects of company and commercial practice, including:
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Corporate finance
- Company law
- Corporate governance
- Data privacy
In private practice Daniel has advised diverse public and private companies in relation to a wide range of matters, often involving a cross-border element. Latterly, as in-house counsel, he was Vice President and Assistant General Counsel for a multi-national NASDAQ-listed public company, where he was responsible for managing all legal issues affecting the group’s European business as well as being Data Protection Officer.
Examples of his work include:
- Negotiation of major business process outsourcing, analytics and consulting services agreements with household-name clients in utilities, financial services, insurance and media sectors
- Negotiation of IT services outsourcing agreements with government agencies in the defence and national security sector
- Advising a multi-national company on EU data protection law and GDPR compliance including development and implementation of a GDPR compliance programme as Data Protection Officer
- Advising a private company in relation to the sale of interests in oil fields offshore of Ghana to a FTSE 100 oil company
- Representation of a New York Stock Exchange listed client in relation to its acquisition of a UK-based AIM-listed technology company by way of a cash offer
- Advising Saudi group in relation to the acquisition out of administration of a UK steel mill
- Acquisition of an owner-managed UK software company for a NASDAQ-listed public company
- Advising lenders in relation to syndicated and bilateral facilities, including a multinational investment bank in relation to £192m refinancing of high interest debt of a premier league football club
- Advising resolution committee of Icelandic Bank during financial crisis 2008.
In addition to his legal expertise, Daniel holds a degree in Modern Languages (Italian with French).